Position Title: Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Salary range*: $100,680 – $120,720 – $141,000
Olin College in Needham, MA is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to its mission to transform engineering education. From its inception, Olin College has sought a team of employees committed to its mission with a desire to contribute to Olin’s innovative environment. We seek team-oriented individuals interested in supporting a student-centered and innovative environment by excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the college as a whole.
The successful candidate will lead and participate in the implementation, administration, monitoring, support, and maintenance of the enterprise IT infrastructure, including Windows systems, Linux/Unix systems, and network infrastructure that is combines on-premises, cloud-based, and externally managed services and infrastructure. The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will demonstrate experience leveraging cloud-based services, platforms, and infrastructure, to provide reliable services to the user community. Will serve as the primary point of contact to vendor partners providing managed and maintenance services including networking, telephone, ERP, physical access security, video security, information security, and others. Leads the monitoring of infrastructure components and manages or conducts after-hours response when necessary. This hands-on position will provide an opportunity to make significant contributions to the strategic direction for information technology at Olin, will and play a key role in the adoption of new technologies to support teaching and learning and improve administrative operations.
- In collaboration with colleagues, develop and implement strategies for new and effective use of cloud technologies, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Manages day-to-day options of infrastructure systems and services by monitoring performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance for on campus systems by remediating problems and responding to downtimes.
- Manages the on-campus data center and systems including VMWare environments, networked storage arrays, Windows and Linux-based virtual and physical servers, backup services, and related components.
- Manages cloud-based services including Microsoft 365 messaging, calendaring, and collaboration; Zoom videoconferencing; Canvas LMS; and web hosting.
- Provides technical management of on-premises applications and services, including physical access security, campus debit cards, and telephony.
- Manages Active Directory environment and implements and facilitates account creation/deletion/change actions in collaboration with Help Desk and other staff.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and industry information security policies and best practices. Collaborates with internal and external resources to validate information security performance.
- Serves as primary contact for managed service provider for campus network infrastructure, coordinating responses to incidents, and managing change requests.
- Serves as infrastructure contact for managed service provider for campus ERP environment, coordinating responses to incidents, and management of change requests.
- Composes and updates appropriate internal and community-facing documentation and support material.
- Provides escalation-level support for Help Desk requests, and occasionally serves as a backup resource for 1st-tier requests.
- Assist members of the Olin community in support of various faculty, research, or student-related projects.
- Manages and participates in 24x7 on-call response.
- Supervises the Senior Infrastructure Engineer and any contracted Infrastructure resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of experience in a technology field.
- 4+ years supporting an enterprise environment with comparable systems
- Experience managing VMWare server, Windows server, Active Directory, Linux server, and Microsoft 365 messaging environments.
- Experience managing cloud-based servers and services.
- Experience with physical networking, network protocols, services, and security, including TCI/IP, switching, routing, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and Samba.
- Knowledge of standard system tools and the ability to use them to automate complex system tasks.
- Advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with system, network and infrastructure logging and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Motivated, self-starter willing to learn and apply new technologies where applicable.
- Advanced or expert experience managing VMware, Windows Server, Linux server, Active Directory, and/or Microsoft 365 messaging environments.
- Experience implementing and managing single sign-on (SSO) environments, including Azure AD or SAML.
- Experience managing legacy or cloud-based telephone systems.
- Experience managing physical access security systems.
- Coding experience in one or more languages.
- Experience installing and maintaining revision control systems such as Subversion and Git
- iSCSI SAN/NAS storage experience.
- Certifications in VMware, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Microsoft Azure, or AWS.
- Windows and/or Linux scripting, including Powershell, bash, etc.
- Experience with software packaging and deployment systems such as RPM and yum, and the ability to create custom packages.
- Candidates must be able to commute to Needham, MA.
- Due to COVID constraints, most Olin College staff are currently working remotely. Olin expects to return to more regular on-campus operations for Fall 2021.
* Olin’s hiring salary will typically start in the entry point to midpoint of the range. The starting salary will vary based on the candidate’s relevant experience, skills and education.