Position Title: Temporary Human Resource Administrator
Overview of the College:
Founded in 1997, Olin College is a selective, gender-balanced undergraduate engineering institution with a dual mission to educate exemplary engineering innovators and to lead the transformation of engineering education. Olin embraces “people to people” engineering: starting from understanding people and their needs, to designing solutions, to delivering new technologies and services to people and society at large. Olin’s innovative approach to engineering education erases disciplinary boundaries and encourages students to take control of their own learning. Olin students learn through project-based, collaborative activities and develop 21st century skills and perspectives by taking on authentic engineering challenges and entrepreneurial experiences. Olin has forged active partnerships with neighboring Babson and Wellesley Colleges and has co-designed transformative educational experiences with a broad range of collaborators around the globe.
Working independently, performs a broad range of administrative tasks in support of the Human Resource Office in a professional manner. Duties and responsibilities are varied and confidential in nature. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, possess strong oral and written communication skills as well as computer proficiencies, demonstrate good judgment and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Assist the HR Generalist and Director of HR with his/her activities and responsibilities for daily operations
- Assist with student employment for the college. Process related paperwork, generate and maintain student employment reports and update the Student Employment website on the portal
- Assist with the recruitment process for the college. Advertise position vacancies in accordance with college guidelines, coordinate applicant interviews with departments, and conduct background screenings.
- Assist with events including the benefits fair, flu clinic, open enrollment and wellness offerings.
- On a weekly basis, process HR invoices and conduct monthly audits to ensure accurate enrollment.
- File and maintain employee files in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Organize electronic files and office supplies.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- High computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Google Docs)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain efficiency, quality and confidentiality in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Prior administrative and/or HR experience is preferred.
- Experience with ADP a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your reason of your interest in working at Olin College of Engineering.
In accordance with its own values and with federal and state regulations, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering does not discriminate in admission, programs, services or employment—including the recruitment, hiring, training and promotion of persons in all job classifications—on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Olin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.