Position Title: Assistant to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid
& Campus Visit Coordinator
Olin College in Needham, MA is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to transforming engineering education. We seek team-oriented individuals interested in supporting a student-centered and innovative environment by excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the college as a whole.
This position balances two important functions: administrative support to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, and coordination of front-end customer service and campus visit experience. This position is responsible for ensuring prospective students, parents, educators, school groups, community-based organizations, and other guests experience a seamless visit process from the point of inquiry to the time of departure from campus by effectively organizing the Admission and Financial Aid Reception Area and its related resources and programming.
This position requires the ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously, to see the “big picture” and to reprioritize work accordingly. We seek a tech savvy individual who is committed to excellent customer service, able to work unsupervised and take initiative, and who sees themself as an important member of a multifunctional team.
- Provide administrative support to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, including: schedule appointments and meetings; coordinate all travel plans and related systems support; prepare and submit travel authorizations, expense reports and other financial documents; prepares and edits correspondence; perform, direct, or report on special projects and assignments, as requested by the Dean.
- Serve as first point of contact for all visitors to Office of Admission and Financial Aid.
- Oversee and deliver front-end customer service, including greeting and registering visitors; answering questions and clearly managing expectations for the visit (schedule, parking, food options, availability of tour guides and admission and financial aid staff, campus directions, etc.) as well as maintaining the appearance and resources of the reception area.
- Oversee all logistical details for campus visits, including securing coverage for information sessions and room booking. Liaises with other areas of the College (tour guides, facilities, dining services, student affairs) in order to provide a superior visit experience for guests.
- Coordinate group visits to campus. Responds to requests, schedules additional information sessions and tours. Coordinates any special details required.
- Manage the main Admission phone line, Dean’s phone line and email@example.com email account to ensure impeccable customer service and timely response to all inquiries and concerns. Directs calls and emails as needed.
- Update customer service FAQs regularly for use both in person and phone/email questions.
- Responsible for maintenance of office calendar and assists in appointment management for Admission and Financial Aid team, by greeting, re-directing or addressing requests of internal and external visitors to the office (in addition to prospective families).
- Deliver systems support for Western Region Director’s travel.
- Ensure office supply and reception area needs are met; manages various vendor accounts and purchasing as necessary.
- Assist operations colleagues with database management, data entry, application management, mailings, and other related tasks.
- Supports and participates in on-campus recruiting events.
- Other duties as assigned.
3-5 years relevant experience required. Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years related experience.
- Exceptional customer-service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a customer-oriented, team-based, technology-intensive work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to a diverse working environment and to cultivating a diverse community.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with a CRM platform.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology systems.
- Work station is in a highly visible and heavily trafficked area (Admission and Financial Aid reception area).
- Some extended hours (including nights and weekends) during major events.
Olin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-discrimination/Affirmative Action Statement
In accordance with its own values and with federal and state regulations, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering does not discriminate in admission, programs, services or employment—including the recruitment, hiring, training and promotion of persons in all job classifications—on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.