Position Title: Director of Institutional Research & Decision Support
- Collect, manage, analyze and disseminate statistical data on college activities and achievements.
- Manage the process to collect and disseminate Olin’s Strategic Indicators Dashboard and related benchmarking data for use by the Cabinet and Board of Trustees to support college planning and evaluation of the college’s strategic progress.
- Partner with other functional areas to develop and maintain standardized data definitions, reports and analytical approaches to support data-informed decision-making throughout the college.
- Develop resources that the college community can use to find essential statistical data about Olin.
- Serve as a resource to fact check statistical data in college publications to support Marketing and Communication and other areas as necessary.
- Manage the reporting of data to external agencies (including serving as IPEDS Keyholder), publications, and data-sharing consortia.
- Collaborate with the Academic Leadership Team, faculty members and other offices to develop and maintain an integrated educational assessment program to promote curriculum and pedagogical innovation and improvement.
- Develop and deploy tools to gauge student success and learning outcomes, evaluate teaching and courses, and document alumni outcomes.
- Provide high level and in-depth analysis on data collected with an emphasis on actionable feedback.
- Disseminate data and information to appropriate audiences using a variety of written, oral and visual methods in a manner that promotes action on results.
- Serve as a leader within the college for issues related to accreditation.
- Serve as the college’s accreditation liaison officer with the regional accreditor, NECHE, and direct periodic accreditation activities, such as self-studies and reports.
- Assist in the management of activities relating to Olin’s academic program accreditation through ABET.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase campus data literacy in support of data-informed decision-making.
- Coordinate the college’s participation in national studies (e.g., National Survey of Student Engagement).
- Conduct special projects and analyses as requested by the Board of Trustees, Cabinet, faculty and staff.
- Partner with Information Technology to develop business intelligence strategies and choose and support appropriate web-based software tools. Administer the Qualtrics and CoursEval systems.
- Manage compliance as it relates to institutional research (Title IV reporting, FERPA, etc.). Oversee IRB administration and serve as backup administrator. Participate in Olin’s Compliance Team.
- Serve on committees, working groups and/or task forces as appropriate.
- Manage institutional research and accreditation budgets.
- Manage and develop institutional research staff (currently, one Senior Research Analyst).
- Contribute to and conduct education research projects as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in Higher Education or related field (e.g., social sciences or business)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of institutional research and assessment experience
- Ability to understand, manage, interpret, and assure quality of complex data sets from multiple sources, including highly confidential data
- Experience with survey design, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and evaluation strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, R), and online survey software (e.g. Qualtrics)
- Knowledge of ERP systems and database reporting tools; Olin’s current ERP is Jenzabar CX/JX and the current reporting tool is Cognos Analytics
- Exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate effectively as member of team that may include faculty, staff, students and other community members
- Experience with current and emerging data visualization techniques and knowledge of appropriate software packages that facilitate visualization
- Familiarity with advancements in pedagogy and engineering education
- Experience with regional and/or professional accreditation processes
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your reason of your interest in working at Olin College of Engineering.
In accordance with its own values and with federal and state regulations, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering does not discriminate in admission, programs, services or employment—including the recruitment, hiring, training and promotion of persons in all job classifications—on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Olin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.