*Information taken from the Gates Cambridge website
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded on the following criteria
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant's qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
While at Cambridge, Scholars pursue full range of subjects available at the University and are spread through its departments and Colleges
- Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree);
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- Already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course.
- Already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship.
Students must be admitted to one of the degrees at Cambridge thought the University’s normal admissions process.
For information on the application process click here. For information on the deadlines click here. The Gates Scholarship does not require institutional nomination or endorsement however students are advised to use the internal-advising process and meet with Aarti Chellakere to discuss a potential application and to review their application materials.
Past Olin Gates Cambridge Winners
Program of Study
MPhil in European Literature and Culture