Transfer Applicants

Olin College of Engineering has no formal transfer policy. We review all transfer applications on an individual basis.

  • If you are applying for transfer admission, you should apply through our regular admission process
  • We have the same requirements (including the SAT or ACT, and a strong background in calculus and physics) that we have for non-transferring students

Transfer applicants generally don’t receive credit due to the structure of our program, specifically our first-year curriculum, which is a key part of the Olin experience, and since each year of the curriculum builds upon the previous year. 

  • At this time, the only transfer credit is granted for courses taken via cross-registration at Olin's academic partner institutions: Brandeis University, Babson College and Wellesley College. 

The Common Application
If you are currently enrolled at a college and wish to transfer to Olin, you need to submit a first-year application to Olin. The Common Application allows up to two application accounts per email address. If you are applying as a transfer student to several schools along with Olin, you need to fill out the transfer application for the other schools as well as the first year application for Olin. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have questions about this, please contact us.