In 2013 Olin College's three founding academic leaders, Richard Miller, David Kerns and Sherra Kerns, received the Bernard M. Gordon Prize, one of engineering's highest honors. The $500,000 prize is awarded by the National Academy of Engineering to recognize innovation in engineering and technological education.
- US News & World Report (2018): #3 Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs, non-doctoral
- Princeton Review (2019): Best 384 Colleges
- CNBC (2019): 20 Best Value Colleges of 2019
- Business Insider (2018): #3 50 Smartest Colleges in America
- College Raptor (2019): Hidden Gems in the US; Hidden Gems in the Northeast and Top 10 Hidden Gems for Women in Engineering
- Princeton Review (2018): Colleges that Pays you Back
- Princeton Review (2018): Best Northeastern Colleges
- College Factual (2018): Best Colleges in the U.S.
- Payscale (2018): College Salary Report – Best Universities for a Bachelor's Degree
- Fiske Guide (2018): "Best Buy" Colleges
- Chronicle of Higher Education (2017): Top Producers of U.S. Fulbright Students
- Affordable Colleges (2017): #11 Best Small Private School in the U.S.
- College Choice (2016): #9 Best Bachelor's Degrees in Engineering
- College Factual/USA Today (2016): #18 Best colleges nationwide, #4 in Massachusetts and #7 in New England
- StateUniversity.com: Top Ranked Universities in Massachusetts: #8
- Forbes.com (2014): Top 25 Colleges Ranked by SAT Scores: #8
- PARADE Magazine: College A-List
- Parents & Colleges (2012): #1 Top Ten Financial Aid Providers
- #3 Professors Get High Marks
- #6 Students Study the Most
- #7 Best College Dorms
- #9 Best Classroom Experience
- #9 There’s a Game?
- #10 LGBTQ-Friendly
- #11 Happiest Students
- #15 Best Quality of Life
- #16 Their Students Love These Colleges
- #18 Lots of Race/Class Interaction
National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
Olin’s rich learning environment is reflected in its outstanding results on the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), which gauges the effort students put into their college experience and the types of educational experiences they have. In 13 out of 20 metrics, including Reflective and Integrative Learning, Collaborative Learning and Student-Faculty Interaction, Olin scored higher than other institutions around the country. Ninety-six percent of Olin seniors report participating in two or more of NSSE’s high impact practices (experiences that produce deep learning), including capstone experiences, research experiences and internships, and service-learning, compared to 60% of seniors nationally.